The AHBBS Brass Band is scheduled to perform at the GGPBF in San Francisco on Sunday, June 13th at 12:00 noon. This gig is still pending due to Coron19, but looking better each day as the Biden administration moves quickly to vaccinate all Americans at record breaking speeds.
MUSICIANS SO FAR:
Eric Totman - Eb Cornet
Mark Lundin - Eb Cornet/Bb Cornet
Mike Dolan - Bb Cornet/Eb Alto
Marty Sampson - Eb Alto
Bruce Dewing - Eb Alto, or Bb Baritone
Joe Bonasera - Eb Alto, or Bb Tenor/Baritone, of Eb Bass
John Whitecar - Eb Bass
April 3rd 12:30-2:00
April 17th 12:30-2:00
May 1st 12:30-2:00
May 15th 12:30-2:00
May 29th 12:30-2:00
June 5th 12:30-2:00
Gig- Sunday June 17 12:00-12:45
Instruments used at this gig must be "high pitched" (about A=450) and have been made prior to 1900. With well over 100 brass-wind instruments in my collection that were made prior to 1900, I'm sure that I can find an instrument for you to rehearse and perform on if you do not have one.
Most of the tunes we will play are standard tunes used by most Civil War Bands and not that difficult. With that said, I'd like to add a couple 1870's tunes as well. All music will be sent to musicians who decide to commit to this gig.
We will be reenacting a 1870's Brass Band like I did in the Raymond's Cornet Band reenactment that I produced (https://photos.app.goo.gl/W2iQgxwCnhn3e7Cx7 ). This uniform consists of:
- Hat: A "Pill Box" Cap. I Have 13 of these in various sizes to give to participating musicians.
- Coat: A black "Double Breasted" coat was common for that era. I have a few of these, but can also pick up more at a local Goodwill, or Salvation Army, store for under $20. I will need to know your size.
- Vest: A black vest will be preferred. If you don't have one, I can start looking at Goodwill, or Salvation Army, stores to find more. I will need to know your size.
- Shirt: Any white collared shirt should work for this gig.
- Trousers: Black pants that you provide will work well.
- Brogans (Shoes): Any black dress shoes should be ok for this gig.