Goals & Objectives of the
American Historical Brass Band Society
The AHBBS objectives:
- Recreating living history by performing on original instruments, playing period correct music, wearing period correct musician attire. Also a public educational resource with vintage band photos, vintage band music, vintage band history, as well as post links to other related websites.
- Work together with bands, and individual musicians, to reenact Historical Brass Bands (1840's - 1910's) for historical events and gatherings (ie; Town and city anniversary events, historical site events, organization and/or business special events, documentary and movie gigs, . . . ). Working together for special events we can offer so much more than as individual bands and musicians.
- Provide a database for member musicians, and bands, who share the same interest in recreating vintage brass bands. Individual member musicians, and member bands, can access this database in hopes of sharing
- Music - Music will be available to members for them to download and practice.
- Band members contact information - Though reenactment bands have their own music, objectives, rehearsal and gig calendars, we could also help out each others band in times of need when we seek musicians to fill a missing voice at upcoming gigs.
- Instrument & uniform contacts - Individuals who are willing to lend, or rent, period correct instruments and/or uniform parts that they own.
- Member Band Website & Calendars Links - Member bands will have the ability to share their calendars on this website if they choose to do so.